I have caught this on a couple of blogs I read, I won’t wait for Bothenook to Tag me because I am in need of something to write and post that requires not a lot of deep thought. So for those few readers who frequent my Blog here are a few oolies about me.
Three things that scare me:
* The world my daughter will inherit if the Baby Boomers and Gen X don’t get their sh*t together and making changes for someone other than themselves and what will impact their amusment and leisure.
* Middle class Psudo intellectuals whom have only had to bring a bead of sweat to their brow by hauling crap out of a big box store to their car/house. They don’t have clue what is takes for the rest of us to make ends meet in the world.
* The fact that our children are being educated by the MSM and other outlets that the whole world and it’s problems will be solved by talking and technology. Truth is it will take Sweat, Blood ,Tears and sacrifice like our forefathers. Added to the fact that world Peace can only be achived one well place shot at a time by men who have the intesinal fortiude to defend freedom and Democracy for the many.
Three people who make me laugh:
*My wife (I agree with the other bloggers on this one.)
*My Daughter, She is developing quite the sense of Humor.
*My coworkers, Because they are Fellow Bubbleheads and all the wierdness that goes with wearing Dolphins.
Three things I love:
*My wife She is the one who has kept me from being a Bum on the street with a shopping cart full of crap and a sign “will insult you for food”.
* My daughter and seeing the world new again through her eyes.
*The fact that God gives me a chance to wake up every day, pull on my boots and get out there to make a difference in someone’s life and the world.
Three things I hate:
*Succotach, Why screw up perfectly good Sweet Corn with those nasty green Lima beans?
*Television Programming in general. That one eyed monster is becoming the
downfall of our civilization. It has collectivly lowered the bar on moral standards and critical thought. Talk shows, and any news just piss me off for the fact is it is fluffier than a popcorn fart. Paid programming and producers of the big Three programming (ABC,NBC and CBS) hopefully will have a special spot in the lower levels of hell to endure the time lost for the collective brain power and time that they squander.
* I HATE moving.. I would rather put a gallon of gas and a match to it all than to cart worldly goods from point A to point B. Plains Indians had it right with the idea of only owning what you can cart with your back and a horse.
Three things I don't understand:
*How any rational, intelligent human being can be so swayed by the CELEBRITY CULTURE that folks like Paris Hilton or Rosie O’Donnell. ad nasume. are taken seriously on any subject. ( I have to go with Bothenook on this one… The fact that I have a preception of most Americans as mouth breathing fools because they consume programming and publications that portray these people are as if their ideas matter)
*How the instinctive survival trait is totally missing in so many people, replaced by some misbegotten need to aquire and hoard large volumes of consumer products that don’t matter.
*How People will willingly enslave themselves to become indentured serfs to credit and banking practices that are just below borrowing money from a loanshark.
Three things on my desk (at home):
*Piles of paperwork
*other misc and sundry Stuff.
Three things I'm doing right now:
*Writing this Blog.
*Enjoying the Trade winds blowing though the house
*Waiting for flight info to get my Wife and Kid back to the mainland for a PCS transfer.
Three things I want to do before I die:
*Ensure that my daughter goes forth in the world as a productive citizen who can exercise critical thought and work toward the enrichment of herself and the greater good of the human race.
*Be involved in a project that enriches someone’s life for the better.
*Finally do something with the 57 Chevy Pickup I have owned since I was 15 yrs old. My step Mom’s joke was that we would haul her casket to the boneyard with it. Hopefully I will do better than that, Give her a run on the old cruise route on a Saturday night prior to hauling the moral remains.
Three things I can do:
*Cook almost anything on a BBQ grill.
*Fix damn near anything mechanical, electrical or electronic.
*Make my wife and daughter laugh.
Three things I can't do:
*Walk through any stationary or art store without wanting something. A trip to Office Depot or Art store involves a restraining device like Hanabal Lecter had in Silence of the Lambs.
*Stop Dreaming of a better tommorrow.
*Suffer fools gladly or tolerate assholes. (I’m with other bloggers there)
Three things you should listen to:
*That little voice that says it might not be such a good idea to (Fill in the Blank)
*Your wife when the tone of her voice reaches the “Hey Butthead you messed up” frequency.
*The questions of your child.
Three things you should never listen to:
*Political rhetoric from anyone (can’t improve on that)
*The opinon of anyone on the television
*Anything that claims you can get rich without working you’re a## off.
Three things I'd like to learn:
*How to program in C++
*Truly understand what difference is between what a woman says and what she means.
*Play the guitar.
Three favorite foods:
Three beverages I drink regularly:
Three TV shows/Books I watched/read as a kid:
*Hot Rod,Car Craft, Popular Mechanics Magazines ( and Back issues to 1959, Thanks Dad!!)
*Most Issac Astimov SF novels
* Cal Worthington Commercials and Popeye Cartoons. ( Go See Cal and his Dog Spot!!)